If you believe that selling a home is a daunting process, then don’t even think about selling your home on your own. In the real estate game, the seller is the one who takes the main role of establishing the sale price, finding the right buyer, and facilitating the transfer of all the necessary documents and paperwork.
In addition, he or she has to ensure that the deal is also lucrative. With a significant portion of your time spent on your busy life and work, finding the time to sell your home, in a fast and productive manner, can be overwhelming to say the least.
This is why you should hire a real estate agent. There are literally hundreds of real estate agents out there, and finding the right one can prove to be a formidable task. That is why it is so important to ask the right questions when sourcing an agent to handle the sale of your home.
Here are some questions you can ask, which will help you narrow down your search.
- Ask whether he or she is an accredited real estate agent in their respective province and how long they have been in the business. It is essential that you check out a realtors’ credentials and references. Just like in any other field, experience matters However, it does not necessarily mean that established realtors are far better than new ones. A realtors experience helps you to gauge their efficiency and turnaround times.
- How many successful sales have they made in the past 2 years? By establishing the number of successful deals a realtor has made, you can determine whether or not they can live up to your demands.
- Does he or she operate locally, and if so, what are their sales plan strategies? A real estate agent who operates locally has all the necessary information with regards to the current real estate demands, demographics and local marketing solutions. All these factors play a crucial role in determining the success of a sale. It is important that you ask how he or she plans to sell your home. Thoroughly evaluate their marketing techniques, home staging and other kinds of initiatives that they plan to use, in order to speed up the sales process.
- Does he or she work alone or with a group of people? And what is their communication method? It is important that a real estate agent not work alone. He or she can work with either actual or virtual assistants. A good realtor has a team that does all the necessary paper transactions, various management solutions and online marketing. This provides the realtor with the time to focus on the core elements of her sale, such as negotiations, arranging an open house, and renovations. Also, do not forget to keep in mind the method of communication and its frequency. A good realtor has to develop a clear line of communication, providing constant updates to the client.
- What are your rates? In most cases, realtors usually charge a commission of 3%-6%, however, these rates are negotiable and vary depending on the province. There are also some realtors who have fixed commissions according to tiered percentages.
Selling your home, or any kind of real estate property, can be a very difficult and exhaustive task, which is why it is so important to have a capable real estate agent in your corner, working for you.
You just have to ask the right questions.